lunes, 28 de marzo de 2011

WE ARE ALL HEROES : JAROSLAV KYSA THE WINDOWLICKER



The Windowlicker forma parte de la trilogía realizada por Jaroslav Kysa para el monográfico de la revista Dazed & Confused dedicado al dinero. En estas performances en las calles de Londres, grabadas en vídeo por Alice Masters, podemos ver al artista eslovaco realizando intervenciones en símbolos del lujo por excelencia como pueden ser las marcas Louis Vuitton o Rolls Royce, así como la diametralmente opuesta Primark, en una reflexión sobre la sociedad de consumo y el poder de seducción de las marcas.






La revista Dazed & Confused publica también en el número del mes de abril una entrevista en la que el artista habla sobre su particular aproximación al arte en espacios públicos, y que os dejo a continuación.

-What convinced you to make public interventions an integral part of your practice?
When I finished studying I had a three months residency in Prague and the main theme was interventions. I was in a new city so I started exploring the public space. During that time I made ‘The Smoke’ and the first pigeon barrier.

-What’s your fascination with pigeons?
I use them as a metaphor for people. They’re nasty, hungry, greedy creatures…

-Is that how you see people?
Sometimes, yeah!

-Why is oil a recurring theme in your work?
I see oil as an extract from the world of money and power. For me, it all starts with oil.

-Why do you place yourself in your public interventions?
It’s important for me to be there and take part in the action. I enjoy the whole process and the adrenaline rush.

-How do you get your ideas for your interventions?
Often I’ll study the history of a place, and then my reaction comes once I know what has happened there. My environment is what inspires me. I like exploring new places and if I stay in one place too long, I lose inspiration and creativity. I use influences from music, nature, films and from many different things, but the most important thing is the city.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...